Masjid Wali Muhammad is home to the first and the oldest African American Muslim congregation. They moved to their current location on Linwood in 1954. The community was first part of the Nation of Islam. Their name changed from Muhammads Temple No. 1 to Masjid Wali Muhammad in 1978 when the Honorable Warith Deen Muhammad led the former NOI into the Sunni Islamic community. The mosque is located on the upper level of a two-storied building. The interior of the downstairs was set up with a large kitchen, a computer room, and a much larger meeting room/dining room. Mosque is very active in the larger Detroit community.
The time of the obligatory prayer