Islamic Foundation was founded in 1974 and recognized as a tax-exempt organization by the United States in 1975. In 1983, a former public school building set in a 7.1-acre lot was purchased for $585,000. The house adjacent to this land was also purchased at the same time for use as a residence for the Imam. Extensive remodeling of the building was done in 1984 at a cost of $131,000, in order to equip the building for the community’s religious, social, and cultural needs. A Muslim cemetery with a space for 1125 gravesites was established in 1984. In 1988, a full-time school from kindergarten to 8th grade was established; soon afterwards, pre-school for children ages 3 to 5 years was added. The parking facilities at the Foundation were expanded with installation of floodlights in 1993. In 1995, to accommodate our growing community, we began constructing a new Mosque. In 1997, we began a high school with 9th grade, added 10th grade in 1998, and later added 11th & 12th grade.