For the first time with a request for the construction of the mosque, residents Melekessa as it was known at DimitrovGrad, appealed to the authorities in 1886, But their request was granted only ten years later, when in July 1896 Melekesskaya Posadskaya Uprava agreed that the construction of the mosque is necessary for society, and in the same year began the construction of a mosque.In Soviet times, in 1930, the mosque was closed, no minaret, but has not been fully demolished. Here in different years was occupied by various institutions, including children's music school.In 1992, the mosque was returned to the Muslims. The mosque was restored minaret, and it again began service. In 2006, the mosque underwent a major renovation was carried out through donations and cost 2 million rubles. September 16 2006 updated the mosque was open, and the ceremony was attended by Governor of Ulyanovsk region, Sergey Morozov.
The time of the obligatory prayer