Biggest mosque in Bugdam district. Imambara Budgam is a major religious place for the Shi’ate Muslims of the Valley. The building of the Imambara was originally constructed in 1857, under the supervision of Aga Syed Mohammad, on the place where famous Shi’ate religious leader Aga Syed Mehdi used to offer prayers. Inside the building was designed by Asgar Ali of Mirgund, Budgam. In 1924, extensions where carried out on the existing structure by Aga Syed Sahib and paper machiework was also under taken. In 1955, another extension was carried out by the Anjuman-e-Shari Shian under Aga Syed Yusuf Al- Mosavi Al-Safvi.The present octagonal Imambara has five main entrances each of 12 ft. width. One of the entrances is reserved for the women. Adjacent to the Imambara is a mosque constructed by Aga Syed Yusuf Al-Mosavi Al-Safvi. The Indo- Iranian piece of architecture, the Imambara commands great reverence in the of Shia community of the Valley. Apart from its religious significance, it is equally important as a piece of monumental value.
The time of the obligatory prayer