In 1905 a piece of ground, adjacent to the main road (Jan Smuts Highway) to Pietermaritzburg, was purchased by Hazrath Soofie Saheb RA and placed into a Trust. The area was known as Rooikopjies. Initially a foundation was laid for a Musjid, but perhaps he foresaw the road widening that was to affect the site in time to come and he built a wood and iron Jamat Khana on the western side of the land, which was also used as a Madressa. A residence was built for the Imam and the Muezzin. The Northern end of this land was used as a cemetery which is still in existence. Thus this institution catered for the needs of the Muslims of the 45th Cutting and part of Mayville and Sydenham areas.
Время обязательного намаза