1. What better way to strengthen your connection with your Lord than to work on your Salah? The HalalGuide app provides a clock which reads the prayer times, rather than real time, enabling users to know the exact times of the five daily prayers. The application also offers notifications to inform you when the upcoming prayer is about to begin; you can adjust the notification period between five minutes and 15 minutes, allowing you to prepare for the prayer efficiently – whether it is taking wudhu or setting up Iftar or Suhoor.
2. Want to read more Quran? In Ramadan, it is highly recommended to read the Holy Quran as this was the month in which it was revealed. If you do not own a copy then all you need is the HalalGuide app, which allows you to read the Quran as well as its tafsir. The app also provides a unique opportunity to share a verse with a friend or another contact through any messaging app, allowing you to share the beneficial knowledge gained. As a result, the app can help increase your ibadah as well as helping you read the Quran on-the-go.
3. Learn more about Islam. HalalGuide provides a range of media resources for you to broaden your understanding of the deen. Many radio stations are available to listen to 24 hours a day in several languages. There are also video lectures and a news section available which all provide useful information.
4. Last-minute Iftar help. Don’t have enough time to prepare Iftar at home? No need to worry, you can invite friends or family to one of the many cafes and restaurants suggested in the HalalGuide app. Information about prices, distance, parking and other elements are provided as well as checking if the place to eat is certified as ‘Halal’.
5. Iftar delivered to your door. Another benefit of HalalGuide is that you can order food through the app to be delivered to your home. There is a wide selection available to ensure that there is something fitting for everyone. An efficient method to have iftar in the comfort of your own home while giving the family a deserved rest from preparing food.
6. How can I be more efficient with my spending? HalalGuide allows you to be more careful with your wealth by giving a list of cafes, shops and other businesses which offer loyalty schemes. As a result, you can receive a percentage of your purchase in a bonus form, which you can then use to make new purchases, save up or spend in the cause of Allah, for example by donating towards the building of a mosque or other charitable projects and thus reap the rewards of Ramadan where good deeds such as charity are multiplied.
7. Tarawih prayer information. HalalGuide allows you to find the nearest mosque offering Tarawih in all cities. This feature is beneficial to travellers as well as locals.
8. Ask the Imam. Through HalalGuide, you can put forward any questions you may have to the Imam. This gives an opportunity for your potential issues to be solved as well as increasing your knowledge of the deen.
9. Find your nearest events this Ramadan. Ramadan is a month of unity and togetherness and, through HalalGuide, you can find the nearest event to you, be it a lecture, social event, or Iftar at the masjid.
10. Making the most of your time during Ramadan. In the HalalGuide app, simply let the app know your location and you will be informed how much time is left before Maghrib, allowing you to prepare your day. The app also provides a prayer-dua notification in order for you to strengthen your iman in this holy month.